In this article, we are going to do an in-depth comparison of Unreal Engine 5 vs Lumion.
Many other engines provide the same services. Reading their comparisons, before buying either of these, will be a wise decision. It is best if you gather all your knowledge by reading into what Arnold vs Vray has to offer. You can also expand your knowledge by looking into Artlantis vs Vray or Corona vs Lumion.
- WHAT IS UNREAL ENGINE 5?
- WHAT IS LUMION?
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENT OF LUMION
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENT OF UNREAL ENGINE 5
- MATERIALS IN LUMION
- MATERIALS IN UNREAL ENGINE 5
- PRICING OF LUMION
- PRICING OF UNREAL ENGINE 5
- Unreal Engine 5 vs Lumion: Who Takes the Win?
WHAT IS UNREAL ENGINE 5?
With true flexibility, accuracy, and versatility than ever before. Unreal Engine enables developers and creators across sectors to generate. Generate next-generation genuine 3D content and experiences.
Think enormously large. With the help of scalable content, Unreal Engine 5 gives you the resources. And also the capabilities you need to build large worlds for your customers. Or for your collaborators, and stakeholders to explore.
With ground-breaking new capabilities like Nanite and Lumen. That offers a generational jump in graphical quality and enables completely dynamic worlds. You can bring immersive as well as realistic immersive content to life.
WHAT IS LUMION?
Architectural visualizations that bring ideas to life are made with Lumion software. Using this effective technology. Architects and designers may convey their designs to customers. In a way that they can feel. Present your design exactly how you had envisaged it to win business. Lumion is a simple and quick design tool. It integrates into your design workflow and enables you to bring any design to life. All by producing stunning movies, pictures, and panoramas.
Users may generate stunning architectural representations to showcase their plans with ease. Simply convert your CAD model into a sensory experience for your clients. Never before has architectural rendering been so simple. No hassles, just all the benefits.
You don't need to wait for hours or days to make a Lumion render—you can do it right now. Additionally, you don't require lengthy specialized training. Lumion is logical, simple to use, and trustworthy. Rendering is made enjoyable with Lumion, which can give your company the advantage it needs to succeed.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENT OF LUMION
The requirements recommended for using Lumion are as follows.
Lumion requires an internet connection on the computer running it.
- 8 GB or more of graphics card RAM.
- Windows 10 64-bit or a newer version.
- Screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- The disks where the Windows User Account, as well as the Documents folder, are stored must have at least 40 GB of free disc space.
Although Lumion is not currently supported on Macs, it can be run on a Mac. Kindly double-check that you possess the following before attempting to use it:
- A fast graphics card-equipped Mac computer that is relatively new.
- A license for Windows 10.
- Free hard disc space of at least 100 GB for Windows 10 and Lumion.
- Bootcamp software from Apple is used to install Windows 10.
- The graphics card's most recent driver software.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENT OF UNREAL ENGINE 5
The Editor can only be used with Unreal Engine if certain hardware and software prerequisites are met. These prerequisites are covered in this section, along with information on what the prerequisites installer built into the Unreal Engine installer installs.
- Operating system: 64-bit Windows 10.
- Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or higher.
- RAM size: 8 GB.
- Graphics devise with a DirectX 11 or DirectX 12 compatible driver
The following prerequisites apply to Apple OS:
- Operating system: Mojave macOS 10.14
- Intel quad-core processor running at 2.5 GHz or higher
- RAM: 8 GB
- Card Video: Metal Graphics Card Compatible with 1.2
MATERIALS IN LUMION
Materials might also have a subconscious effect on your audience.
You no longer need to look for gorgeous, photo-realistic materials with Lumion 11. You can find 1,019 materials for the following in the Lumion materials library:
- Landscapes (earth, water, rocks, grass, etc)
- Interiors (fabric, glassware, leather, alloys, plastics, etc)
- Exteriors (cement, bricks, roofs, asphalt, timber, etc)
To find the best materials and textures you can head to 3DHEVEN. That place provides you with HDRI images of all kinds of textures for free. In the market, these will be priced much high. However, 3DHEVEN provides you with all of these. So now you can simply import and use it in your projects.
17 brand-new, high-definition soil variations are available in Lumion 11. These soils, which can be found on the materials library's “Nature” page, make it simpler to design a regional landscape unique to your project.
The 20 new water presets were one of Lumion 11's more notable features.
MATERIALS IN UNREAL ENGINE 5
The surface characteristics of the elements in your scene are determined by materials in Unreal Engine. A Material can be thought of as the “color” that is sprayed onto a mesh to influence its visual appearance in the broadest sense.
In render engine jargon, materials specific to the engine and how a surface must relate to the light in the scene. Materials determine a surface's color, reflectance, bumpiness, transparency, and other characteristics.
The node-based methodology enables you to generate a nearly unlimited number of surface types. Material production is a big topic. It is suggested for beginners start with the pages referenced in this area. The philosophy and concepts that constitute the basis of Material creation in Unreal are introduced. In the Essential Material Concepts as well as Physically Based Materials pages. The Material Editor User Guide is a collection of tool-based documentation. It explains how to use the Material Editor in real-world situations.
PRICING OF LUMION
There are two kinds of pricing available for Lumion.
Lumion Standard Pricing is as follows:
- Time-limited promotion
- To December 31
- € 54.08/ month
- Upfront first-year invoiced at €649 rather than €749
- Prices do not include sales or VAT taxes.
- Contains a third of the material library
- Just a few rendering effects
- Includes free updates, such as Lumion 2023
The second pricing is called The Lumion Pro.
Time-limited promotion to December 31
€ 108.25/ month
Billed upfront for the first year at €1,299 rather than €1,499
Prices do not include sales or VAT taxes.
Full-spectrum visualization remedy
The whole library of content and rendering effects
Includes free upgrades, such as Lumion 2023
PRICING OF UNREAL ENGINE 5
For Unreal Engine 5, there are 3 types of licensing that can be done.
For publishers and creators who don't need customized terms or premium assistance. Also appropriate for students and teachers.
- Every functionality of the Unreal Engine
- The entire library of Quixel Megascans
- All instructional materials
- Locally based assistance
This is for you if you're a non-games professional. And looking for specialized licensing terms, customized training, or premium assistance.
- Every functionality of the Unreal Engine
- All of the Quixel Megascans learning resources
- Premium assistance Private training possibilities Additional purchasing options
This is for the studios and professionals in the game development industry. People looking for specialized licensing terms, private training, or premium support.
- Every functionality of the Unreal Engine
- Entire Quixel Megascans learning resources
- Access to Epic's own Perforce depot and premium support options for personalized instruction
Unreal Engine 5 vs Lumion: Who Takes the Win?
It's impossible to declare which rendering tool is the best for rendering landscapes. Because each of them has different strengths and shortcomings. The simplicity of usage and quick rendering times of Lumion are well known.
Lumion is a revolutionary, easy-to-use, entertaining engineering perception tool. Anybody can use this to create a 3D environment. Then produce stunning images, great video presentations, and live instructional videos. It is the quickest way to have your 3D show-off and create a scenario in a matter of minutes.
As a result, we will always suggest Lumion 11. The application comes with a huge assortment of resources and a very simple workflow. Thousands of resources for kitchens, automobiles, people, plants, and other things are also included.
In other words, Unreal 5 is an excellent choice. Because it signifies a major, conscious step away from the gaming industry and toward the world as a whole and you. Get ready for your app, CAD workflow, retail, video chat, and every other component. To get a little more epic, even if you do not even end up utilizing it yourself.
Teams have the freedom to build big with UE5. Across all sectors, creators will indeed be able to work together in real time. Especially to provide users with stunning graphics and experiences.